Skip to main content

Peachy Keen Guest Designer Day 3

Good Morning! Welcome back to day number three of my guest design spot with Peachy Keen Stamps! I want to thank you for all the lovely comments you have been leaving for me. I am so honored to be able to share my projects with you!
For my project today, there are lots of photos. I hope this helps in some way, as I am a very visual learner, so I think the more photos the better.
I used the stamp set Valentine Sweets for this project. I know I am bombarding you with Valentine's things so far, but I just can't seem to help myself.
First, for the larger flower, I started out stamping fifteen of the large solid outline hearts onto one piece of paper and then six of the largest dotted outline hearts onto another piece of paper. (All of the hearts were stamped onto paper from The Girls Paperie.) Then, for the smaller flower, I stamped another ten of the largest dotted outline hearts onto yet another piece of paper and four of the smallest dotted outline hearts onto the last piece of paper. (I wanted all of the different sized hearts to vary from each other.)
Here is a picture of the hearts for the smaller of the flowers.
Next, I took my flower tool (the Petal Roller from Imaginisce) and made a crease down the middle of all of the hearts, large and small.
I then flipped the hearts over (the backside facing up) and made a crease in between the middle crease (which now looks like a mountain) and edge on both sides of the mountain.
 So, when you flip then back over there are two hills and one valley.
 From there, I pierced a hole near the bottom middle for the brad to fit through.
I took two small hearts and put them onto the brad first, then took five of the larger hearts and put them on the brads, spanning them out into the flower shape.
And, here is a close up of the two different sized flowers I made. I had ended up making three large flowers and two small ones.
Nearing the end, before I glued the flowers on, I painted the wooden love (found this at Hobby Lobby) in baby blue, pink and white, and then painted a layer of Glamour Dust Glitter Paint in Ice Crystal (which you can find here in the Peachy Keen store) over the entire thing, and let dry.
Finally, I replaced the ribbon that it can with with some pretty pink satin ribbon so that I could hang it on the wall, and glue the flowers where I wanted.
I hope you enjoyed the project today! Also, don't forget to leave your comments here and at the Peachy Keen blog in order to have your chance at winning the adorable Valentine Cupids stamp set.

Project Recipe
Stamps: Peachy Keen Stamps {Valentine Sweets}
Wooden Love: Hobby Lobby
Patterned Paper: The Girls Paperie {Paper Girl}
Ink: Momento
Glitter Paint: Glamour Dust Glitter Paint {Ice Crystal}
Tools: Imaginisce {Petal Roller} We R Memory Keepers {Brad Setter and Paper Piercer}

Comments

  1. Awesome. Flowers are perfect for love day.

    pookie
    moonqueen69@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project Love the flowers and the wooden sign refacing was great. TFS
    Debbie
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
    debbie_craine at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific decoration for Valentines Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your project, would be nice on a mantle any day of the year.
    Hugs,
    Melissa D
    mkds312@hotmail.com
    www.sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you did the flowers! And the colors are GORGEOUS!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty!! Your flowers are wonderful!
    reissfam10 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a terrific job with your project.
    TFS,
    Robin aka thecricutscrapper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....these flowers are beautiful. thanks for the tutorial. Love how your project turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this...your flowers are very pretty! TFS
    hugs,
    joni

    arcocha at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like your flowers...very clever...will have to find the "flower tool". Thanks for sharing your talents with us.
    Tanya
    thomfam@inreach.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome , easy flowers ,I love it. Dawn RI
    abosoffit@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! TFS!
    ra6352 (at) gmail (Dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the tutorial. The pictures were perfect. And these turned out so cute! Hugs- Glora me(at)glorajean(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are simply AMAZING!!!! Your project is BEAUTIFUL!! I love it!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Linda
    www.fancyframework.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I love the use of the hearts for the flowers.

    Hugs,
    Saundra
    Luvscrappingtogether @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you used the hearts to make a flower-very creative! Thanks for sharing the photos-apparently I must be a visual learner too because the pictures helped big time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So clever. Gonna be searching for some more heart punches now =)

    Hugs from Lilli =)
    l.a.nikolaisen at gmail dot com
    www.crazycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your flowers are beautiful and the instructions very clear. Love the sign, it is a beautiful keepsake.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely flowers! I too am a visual learner so I really appreciate seeing your process via pictures. I think the sign turned out very simple but lovely. thanks for sharing!

    Email: QC Kelsey
    Visit Blog: Crystal Case Creative Creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice project! It look beautiful, Cathryn67 <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY...I can just imagine all the time it took to cut all those hearts out! This is an adorable and very creative creation. It was great having you on board as a GDT at Peachy Keen Stamps. You do fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Didn't know there was such a tool. Very cool effect.
    username at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the flowers!! They are the cutest. Fantastic Idea!!

    Ashley
    ScrappinAsh at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Those are great!!! I'm learning more & more about the papercraft world. Simply amazed! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What cute flowers! It's nice to see another technique on making flowers to use on all different projects.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous.. The flowers are awesome. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great project!
    amywooten2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. DoBea, this is fabulous! I LOVE your tutorial on the flowers! That is brilliant, and beautiful! So very well done!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kathy's Surprise Birthday Card Hop!

(Welcome everyone! I am so glad you could join us for Kathy's Surprise Birthday Card Hop. Hopefully, you all have made it okay from Linda's blog. At the bottom of this post will be your link to the next blog, but if you are jumping around on your own, or have gotten lost there will also be the entire list of links.) "They say it's your birthday We're gonna have a good time I'm glad it's your birthday Happy birthday to you." The Beatles Well, Miss Peachy Keen Queen, I hope you have the most wonderful day today. You and your family have been a blessing in my life. I am so glad to have met you that day in the Copic Certification class. I am sending you massive wishes and kisses!!! Ladies, for this card I used paper from Crate Paper and Sassafras Lass. The stamps are, of course, from Peachy Keen Stamps . The orange came from Faceless Fruit and the faces are Happy Lashes . I also used Copics to color in the oranges. Don't forget to

Peachy Keen Fall & Halloween Blog Hop!

Welcome! Glad you made it safely from the Peachy Keen blog . ;) I hope you are ready to be blown away by the inspiration you are about to see! Not only do you get to be inspired by the current Peachy Keen Design Team, but we have the alumni joining us also!! So, you  get to see almost double the projects!!! Also, before I forget, check out this super awesome deal coming to you from the Peachy Keen Stamps site! Some restirtions apply:  *excludes Sale and Clearance Items, Gift Certificates, Clip-it-Ups, and Club Memberships So, here are my cards I made. This first one was made using The Uglies . And this next one was made using Faceless Fall Fun 2  (the candy corn and sign), In Stitches Face Assortment  (faces), and the September Stamp of the Month Kit (sentiment). Now, you want to know what you could WIN??? How about one of five gift certificates? Yep, that's right five! There are four $25 gift certificates and one $50!!! I suppose yo

Spring is in the Air!

WooHoo!! Spring is finally starting to feel like it should and we are here hopping along trying to get you ready! You should have arrived here form the amazing Leanne . If you are just happening upon this hop and you would like to start at the beginning, you can go here . Just so you know, there are some wonderful prizes that you can try your hand at. You could win one each of ALL three sizes of the Moodies. Yep, that's right, that's a $50 dollar value of the latest and greatest in face stamps!! All you have to do is leave a comment on each stop along the way, and you could be a lucky winner! ***Edited*** Hopefully the picture looks somewhat better now. I figured out what is wrong with my camera, and I now need to use it on manual focus only until I either get it fixed or purchase a new camera. I will apologize ahead of time, but my camera has gone into an early retirement, so I am having to make do with a sub. As soon as I can, I will replace my photos with so